Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 182: Half a Year

It's been half a year since completion. How time flies. Nothing major is happening with the house lately. I'm waiting for the weather to get better to start working on the backyard, will have to do retaining wall at the back of the house before we can do any work on the backyard at all.

Got our electricity & gas bill yesterday, was surprised with the amount payable. Despite having a 5 star rated home, the energy bill is hardly any better than what we had previously. I guess having a bigger house costs more to heat & all the gadgets we have use more electricity as well.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see a post :-)
    I can't believe it's already been 6 months either!
    I loved seeing your blog updates during your build. Lol
    Lookibg forward to seeing some landscaping pics in summer :-)
    Odd about your bills being the same!
    But in saying that everything has gone up so yours must have come down by staying the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was surprised to hear about your energy usage. I thought there would have been a significant reduction in bills, at least I am hoping for this in our place!

    ReplyDelete