Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 37: Still Waiting

Concrete hasn't been poured yet. It was scheduled for this week but the rain on Monday plus Australian Day public holiday pushed it back to next week.

The Steel Mesh & expansion joint have been delivered this afternoon, so hopefully we'll see some action soon.

Looking forward to the moment I can park my car in the garage, or at least on the driveway.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 27: Concreting

The concreter was back on site & laid the crushed rocks.

Side of the house, behind the garage


From the house looking at the driveway & cross over


Driveway


Concrete is to be poured next week, the concreter apologised for the delay due to the heavy rain last week, they are playing catch up now.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 26: Driveway

Finally we are going to get a driveway & cross over soon. They came to cut & fill the site yesterday and I'm hoping the concrete will be poured at the end of the week or early next week. We have to wait for the Council to give a green light with the base work for the cross over before the concreter will pour the concrete.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Been busy moving into the house, we did the big move on 27 Dec 10.

The Roller Blinds for Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 plus bathroom & toilet was installed last week. Roman Blind for the Bifold door was also installed on the same day. The Shutters for the reminder of the house will have to wait until end of this month/next month.

Fencing work was started on Monday, 10/11/11, they are taking their time in doing it. Back & Side Fences are up, but no gates yet.

Driveway is supposed to be done this week, however it has been delayed to next week due to the rain we've been getting. Which means another week of muddy shoes & house.

Still thinking of what to do with the landscaping. We'll have to do retaining walls for the side & back of the house & have to excavate about 50m3 of soil from the back of the house.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 148: Hand Over Day

Met the SS on site this morning. Everything was pretty much rectified. 1 of the window that they have to replace hasn't been replaced because they brought the wrong type of window. They brought in normal window while the one we have is double glazed.

Didn't check the ceiling insulation. Only went to the roof cavity after the hand over, they still haven't put additional insulation, the insulation stops about 20-30cm from the side top plates. Emailed the CSC & SS, they said they'll get CSR to fix it in the new year.

Hand Over went smoothly. We gave them the bank cheque & they gave us the keys.

We put up the temporary blinds today & I also managed to do the grout seal for the showers in the ensuite & bathroom. Have to do the rest of the tiles area next time, it took me much longer than I anticipated.

Removalists have been booked for Monday, 27 December 2010. The landlord has been notified that we'll terminate the lease 3 months earlier. Hopefully they can find a new tenant very soon.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 147: Notice to PD of intent to claim Damages

Hand over is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I went to check house & found out the windows haven't been fixed & there's no traces of insulation been fixed.

Sent my CSC an email notifying them of my intention to claim damages if hand over doesn't happen tomorrow:

"We refer to your letters dated 28 July 2010 and 10 September 2010.
Based on the above mentioned letters, the building works is supposed to be completed in 140 days. Calculating from the start date of 28 July 2010, 140 days would fall on Tuesday, 14 December 2010 (inclusive of both 28 July 2010 & 14 December 2010).
We refer to the signed HIA Building Contract Schedule 4 'Special Conditions' and Clause 1.0 'Definitions' which define the meaning of "Completion".
During the hand over inspection on Thursday, 16 December 2010, we have discovered the building works had not been completed as per definition of completion mentioned in the above paragraph. We have therefore decided to defer the hand over until the building works is completed, which is supposed to be Wednesday, 22 December 2010.
A hand over inspection has been arranged for Wednesday, 22 December 2010 at 9.00 am. We are hoping that all the items to be rectified have been rectified so that we can have a completion of building works.
We refer to the signed HIA Building Contract Schedule 1 '9. Agreed damages for late completion of Building Works' and Clause 40.0 'Owner's Claim for Agreed Damages'.
We wish to advise that should the building works is yet to be completed by the hand over inspection tomorrow, Wednesday, 22 December 2010 at 9 am, we are going to claim for damages for late completion of building works with effect from 15 December 2010 until the completion of building works.
We will deduct the amount of the damages from the Final Payment as per Clause 40.1."


And the following is the reply I received from the CSC:

"Please be advised that the final cheque must be the same amount as your final invoice.
We can raise a Variation for you if we do go over Construction days when that so occurs."


And the following is my reply to the CSC's email:

"You've gone over the construction days. As per my email, 127 + 13 days = 140 days which was Tuesday 15 December 2010.
And as per signed HIA Building Contract Clause 40.1 the damages is to be deducted of the Final Payment."


And finally this is from the CSC:

"I will ask Management if we are able to process your payment in this way and get back to you tomorrow."


Will be an interesting day tomorrow. I do intent to claim the damages & if they are asking for extension of time, I'll object to that.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 146: Feature Walls Painted & Hand Over is Schedule for Wednesday, 22nd December 2010

Feature walls were painted over the weekend. The colour didn't turn out the way we wanted, way too light & almost can't be seen as feature walls, might have to repaint it ourselves after hand over.

I emailed the SS yesterday asking him whether we are still on schedule to have the hand over on Wednesday. Received his reply this morning & he said that everything will be rectified by Wednesday & we'll have a hand over on Wednesday.